Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Today's workout is done with a 35 lb kbell.

Swings: 10 reps
1 arm swing, 10l/10r

Clean and press 3l/3r
One arm swing 10l/10r
Clean and press 3l/3r
One arm swing 10l/10r
Clean and press 3l/3r
One arm swing 10l/10r

Done with a 26 lb bell:

French press, held by the handle instead of horns: 2x10
Twist: 2x20
Snatches: 7l/7r

I cleaned and pressed the 35 lb for the first time and I had to use my free hand to help me but I figure that's because it's more heavier. I originally did that a few times when I cleaned and pressed the 26 lb and had to use both hands. I want to start using a heavier weight for lifting so I think doing the clean and press is a good start.

I read that men want to work their upper bodies whereas women want to work on their lower body so they tend to do exercises for these areas (you can't spot reduce anyways) so I thought maybe if I tried to add extra upper body exercises (like the press) it would help me slim down my lower body.

I also did the french press but when I saw the exercise, the bell was held by the horns and I held it by the handle, which made it easier to work with. I think after a few times holding it that way, I should be able to lift it by the horns.

No comments: